Abhijit MishraAssociate Professor , Materials Science and Engineering
- BTech: IIT Bombay, 2003
- PhD: University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 2010
Email: amishra -AT- iitgn.ac.in
VOIP: 2422 / 2022
- Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (Feb 2019 to present)
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (July 2011 to Jan 2019)
- Postdoctoral Scholar, University of California Los Angeles (July 2010 to Jun 2011)
- Research Assistant, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign (Aug 2003 to May 2010)
- A. Mishra, Structural transitions in lipid membranes: Mechanism for cell penetrating peptides, Advances in Planar Lipid Bilayers and Liposomes (2014) 19, 103. Editors Ales Iglic, Chandrashekhar V. Kulkarni. (invited chapter).
- N. Schmidt, A. Mishra, J. Wang, W. DeGrado, G. Wong, Influenza Virus A M2 Protein Generates Negative Gaussian Membrane Curvature Necessary for Budding and Scission, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 135 (2013), 13710.
- N. Schmidt, K. Tai, K. Kamdar, A. Mishra, G. Lai, K. Zhao, A. Ouellette & G. Wong*, “Arginine in α-defensins: differential effects on bactericidal activity correspond to geometry of membrane curvature generation and peptide-lipid phase behavior”, J. Biol. Chem. (2012) 287, 21866.
- A. Mishra, G. Lai, N. Schmidt, V. Sun, A. Rodriguez, R.Tong, L. Tang, J. Cheng, T. Deming, D. Kamei, & G. Wong*, “Translocation of HIV TAT peptide and analogues induced by multiplexed membrane and cytoskeletal interactions”, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. (2011) 108, 16883.
- A. Mishra, K. Tai, N. Schmidt, A. Ouellette, & G. Wong*, “Small-Angle X-ray Scattering Studies of Peptide-Lipid Interactions Using the Mouse Paneth Cell α-Defensin Cryptdin-4", Methods in Enzymology (2011) 492, 127.