Biswajit RoyIITGN-Early Career Fellow, Earth Sciences
- BSc: Durgapur Government College Burdwan University, 2013
- MSc: IISER Kolkata (Geological Sciences), 2016
- PhD: IISER Kolkata, 2021
Email: biswajit.r -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Early Career Fellow , Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (Sept, 2020 to present).
- Research Assistant , IISER Kolkata (Jan, 2021 to Aug, 2021).
- Integrated PhD Student , IISER Kolkata (Aug, 2013 to Sep, 2020).
- Roy, B., Ghosh, S. and Sanyal, P., 2020. Morpho-tectonic control on the distribution of C3-C4 plants in the central Himalayan Siwaliks during Late Plio-Pleistocene. Earth and Planetary Science Letters, 535, p.116119.
- Roy, B., Ghosh, S. and Sanyal, P., 2020. Impact of monsoon, vegetation, and landscape on pedogenesis: A case study using organic and inorganic tracers from the Himalayan foreland sediments. Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, p.109854.
- Roy, B., Patra, S. and Sanyal, P., 2020. The carbon isotopic composition of occluded carbon in phytoliths: A comparative study of phytolith extraction methods. Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology, 281, p.104280.
- Roy, B., Roy, S., Goyal, K., Ghosh, S. and Sanyal, P., 2021. Biomarker and carbon isotopic evidence of marine incursions in the Himalayan Foreland Basin during its overfilled stage. Paleoceanography and Paleoclimatology, p.e2020PA004083.
- Ghosh,, S., Bera, M.K., Roy, B., and Sanyal, P., 2021 Revisiting the diachronous transition of C3 to C4 plants in the Himalayan foreland and other parts of the globe: A sedimentological perspective, Sedimentology .
- Roy, B., and Sanyal, P., 2021 Isotopic and molecular distribution of leaf-wax in plant-soil system of the Gangetic floodplain and its implication for paleorecords, Quaternary International
- Awarded prestigious Early Career Fellowship from IIT Gandhinagar with fellowship of 38336 $ for two years.
- Awarded support of 1000 $ to attain GSA, 2021 at Portland, USA
- Best poster award in DES annual Day, 2020, IISER Kolkata.
- Awarded full support (SRSP 600€) to attain the 36th International Geological Congress 2020 at New Delhi, India.
- Awarded full support (2400€) for presenting a talk in International Union for Quaternary Research 2019 (INQUA) (Funded by INQUA) at Dublin, Ireland.
- Awarded travel support (100000 Yen) for presenting a talk in Japan Geoscience Union 2019 at Chiba, Japan.
- Awarded full support (200000 Yen) for presenting a talk in European Geosciences Union 2019 (Funded by JpGU) at Vienna, Austria.
- Awarded travel grant (100000 Yen) for Poster presenting in Japan Geoscience Union 2018 at Chiba, Japan
- Awarded travel grant for presentation in Solapur University (Maharashtra, India) for MAGIA-2018 (Govt. of Maharashtra, India).
- Awarded travel grant for presentation in Himalaya-Karakoram-Tibet workshop, 2015, Dehradun, India.