Amit AroraAssistant Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
- Dual Degree: Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, 2005
- PhD: The Pennsylvania State University, 2011
Email: amitarora -AT- iitgn.ac.in
Website : https://amit.people.iitgn.ac.in/
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (Oct 2011 - present)
- Visiting Scholar, University of North Texas, Denton, TX USA (Mar 2014 – Sep 2014)
- Graduate Research Assistant, The Pennsylvania State University, Department of Material Science and Engineering (Aug 2006 - Sep 2011)
- Associate System Engineer, IBM India Pvt. Ltd, Pune (Jun 2005 - Jun 2006)
- V.P. Mahesh, A. Gumaste, N. Meena, J. Alphonsa, A. Arora, (2020). ‘Corrosion behavior of aluminium surface composites with metallic, ceramic and hybrid reinforcements using friction stir processing’, Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11663-020-01932-7
- A.K. Singh, B. Kumar, K. Jha, A. Astarita, A. Squillace, S. Franchitti, A. Arora. “Friction stir welding of additively manufactured Ti-6Al-4V: microstructure and mechanical properties”. Journal of Materials Processing Technology 277 (2020), 116433
- S. Pandya, R. S. Mishra, A. Arora. “Channel formation during friction stir channeling process—A material flow study using X-Ray micro-computed tomography and optical microscopy”. Journal of Manufacturing Processes 41 (2019), 48-55.
- P. Sahlot, and A. Arora. "Numerical model for prediction of tool wear and worn-out pin profile during friction stir welding." Wear 408(2018): 96-107.
- P Sahlot, K Jha, GK Dey, A. Arora. “Quantitative wear analysis of H13 steel tool during friction stir welding of Cu-0.8% Cr-0.1% Zr alloy.” Wear 378(2017): 82-89.