Nishaant ChoksiAssistant Professor, Humanities and Social Sciences
- BA: University of Chicago, 2004
- MA: University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, 2009
- PhD: University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, 2014
Email: nishaant.choksi -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Graphic Politics in Eastern India: Script and the Quest for Autonomy, Bloomsbury Academic (2021).
- Nathan Badenoch and Nishaant Choksi, eds. Expressives in the South Asian Linguistic Area, Brill (2020).
- Expressives and the multimodal depiction of social types in Mundari. Language and Society 49(3). (2020).
- From language to script: graphic practice and the politics of authority in Santali language media, eastern India. Modern Asian Studies 51(5). (2017).
- Surface politics: scaling multiscriptality in an Indian village market. Journal of Linguistic Anthropology 25(1): 1-24. (2015).
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (July 2018 to present)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Kyoto University/Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science (2016 - 2018)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Tokyo University/JSPS (2014 - 2015)