Nishaant ChoksiAssistant Professor, Humanities and Social Sciences
- BA: University of Chicago, 2004
- MA: University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, 2009
- PhD: University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, 2014
Email: nishaant.choksi -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (July 2018 to present)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Kyoto University/Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science (2016 - 2018)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Tokyo University/JSPS (2014 - 2015)
Script as constellation among Munda speakers: the case of Santali. South Asian History and Culture. Special issue on on the politics of writing in South Asia. (2018).
Expressives in Hindi film song in Journal of Indian Folklore Research 16. [in Japanese, English to appear in forthcoming Nishaant Choksi and Nathan Badenoch, eds. Expressives in the South Asian Linguistic Area] (2017).
From language to script: graphic practice and the politics of authority in Santali language media, eastern India. Modern Asian Studies 51(5).(2017).
Surface politics: scaling multiscriptality in an Indian village market. Journal of Linguistic Anthropology 25(1): 1-24.(2015).