Aashish XaxaAssistant Professor, Humanities and Social Sciences
- BA: University of Delhi, 2013
- MA: Tata Institute of Social Sciences, 2015
- M. Phil: Tata Institute of Social Sciences, 2017
- PhD: Tata Institute of Social Sciences, 2021
Email: aashish.xaxa -AT- iitgn.ac.in
“Dismantling Colonial Cartography – Indigenous Urbanism as Spatiality, India” in “Implementing the UN Sustainable Development Goals: Regional Perspectives – The Asia and Pacific Region” (Springer: Cham); Edited by Walter Leal Filho (Electronic ISSN: 2731-5584; Print ISSN: 2731-5576; DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-91262-8_82-1) on 4th October 2023.
Transformation of Tribal Hinterlands into Urban Spaces in India’s Fifth and Sixth Schedule Areas: Emerging Issues and Contestations” in “Social Change” Volume 51(3), pp. 362–378 (ISSN: 0049–0857, DOI https://doi.org/10.1177/00490857211032952) on 6th September 2021.
“Sustainable Urbanization in Tribal or Indigenous Peoples’ Areas of India” in ‘Encyclopedia of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Sustainable Cities and Communities’ (Springer, Cham); Edited by Walter Leal Filho, Pinar Gökçin Özuyar, Anabela Marisa Azul, Luciana Londero Brandli and Tony Wall (ISBN: 978–3–319–95716–6, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-71061-7_126-1), on 1st May 2021.
“Reimagining Urban Development in a Tribal Region – Readings on a Fifth Schedule Area of India” in ‘Theorising Urban Development from The Global South’ pp. 81–99, (Palgrave Macmillan, Cham); Edited by Anjali Karol Mohan, Sony Pellissery and Juliana Gomez Aristizabal (ISBN 978–3–030–82474–7; DOI: 10.1007/978–3–030–82475–4), on 26th October 2021. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-82475-4_4
“Tribes and Urbanisation in North East India: Issues and Challenges”: Special Article in ‘Economic and Political Weekly’ Volume 54(38), pp. 46–52 (ISSN: 0012–9976), on 21st September 2019. https://www.epw.in/journal/2019/38/special-articles/tribes-and-urbanisation-north-east-india.html
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (April 2022 to present)
- Consultant, The Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) Project at the Jamsetji Tata School of Disaster Studies, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai (January 2022 – March 2022)
- Research Associate, Indian Social Institute, Delhi (August 2021 – November 2021)
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Institute of Public Policy, National Law School University, Bengaluru (November 2020 – February 2021)
- Research Assistant, Indian Social Institute, Delhi (May 2014 – June 2014)
- Recipient of Lifetime Membership, Development Studies Association (United Kingdom)
- Recipient of the ICSSR Doctoral Fellowship (2018–2020) for completion of the Ph. D. Academic Research