Udit BhatiaAssistant Professor, Civil
- BTech: National Institute of Technology Hamirpur, 2012
- MS: Northeastern University, 2016
- PhD: Northeastern University, 2018
Email: bhatia.u -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (2019 to present)
- Graduate Research Assistant, Northeastern University (2014 to 2018)
- Design Engineer(A), MECON Limited, Ranchi (2012 to 2014)
Bhatia, Udit, Lina Sela, and Auroop Ratan Ganguly. "Hybrid method of recovery: combining topology and optimization for transportation systems." Journal of Infrastructure Systems 26, no. 3 (2020):04020024.
Pandey, Abhishek Kumar, Pranab Kumar Mohapatra, Vikrant Jain, and Udit Bhatia. "Studying subcritical opposing channel flows." Journal of Applied Water Engineering and Research (2020): 1-15.
Kodra, Evan, Udit Bhatia, Snigdhansu Chatterjee, Stone Chen, and Auroop Ratan Ganguly. "Physics-guided probabilistic modeling of extreme precipitation under climate change." Scientific reports 10, no. 1 (2020): 1-11.
Nanditha, J. S., Karin van der Wiel, Udit Bhatia, Dáithí Stone, Frank Selton, and Vimal Mishra. "A seven-fold rise in the probability of exceeding the observed hottest summer in India in a 2° C warmer world." Environmental Research Letters 15, no. 4 (2020): 044028.
Brelsford, Christa, Marion Dumas, … , Udit Bhatia et al. "Developing a sustainability science approach for water systems." Ecology & society 2 (2020).
Zipper, Samuel C., Kaitlin Stack Whitney, Jillian M. Deines, Kevin M. Befus, Udit Bhatia, Sam J. Albers, Janice Beecher et al. "Balancing open science and data privacy in the water sciences." Water Resources Research 55, no. 7 (2019): 5202-5211.
Bhatia, Udit, and Auroop Ratan Ganguly. "Precipitation extremes and depth-duration-frequency under internal climate variability." Scientific reports 9, no. 1 (2019): 1-9.
Ganguly, A. R., Bhatia, U., & Flynn, S. E. (2018). Critical Infrastructures Resilience: Policy and Engineering Principles. Routledge.
- College of Engineering Outstanding Graduate Research Award 2019, Northeastern University, Boston
- Best youth paper award candidate, International Conference on Sustainable Infrastructures,Shenzhen, China organized by U.S. National Academy of Engineers and Chinese Academy of Engineering
- Dean Fellowship, Northeastern University, Boston (2014-2015)
- Director Medal, National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (2012)
- Best graduating student award, National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (2012)
Bhatia, Udit, et al. (2019) "System for Networking and Analyzing Geospatial Data, Human Infrastructure, and Natural Elements." U.S. Patent Application No. 15/134,518. (Status: Granted).