Udit BhatiaAssistant Professor, Civil Engineering
- BTech: National Institute of Technology Hamirpur, 2012
- MS: Northeastern University, 2016
- PhD: Northeastern University, 2018
Email: bhatia.u -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (2019 to present)
- Graduate Research Assistant, Northeastern University (2014 to 2018)
- Design Engineer(A), MECON Limited, Ranchi (2012 to 2014)
Harilal, Nidhin, Mayank Singh, and Udit Bhatia* "Augmented convolutional LSTMs for the generation of high-resolution climate change projections." IEEE Access 9 (2021): 25208-25218.
Patil, Rohan, Raviraj Dave, Harsh Patel, Viraj M. Shah, Deep Chakrabarti, and Udit Bhatia* "Assessing the interplay between travel patterns and SARS-CoV-2 outbreak in a realistic urban setting." Applied Network Science 6, no. 1 (2021): 1-19
Tripathy, Shrabani S., Udit Bhatia, Mohit P. Mohanty, Subhankar Karmakar, and Subimal Ghosh. "Flood evacuation during pandemic: a multi-objective framework to handle compound hazard." Environmental Research Letters (2021).
Mishra, Vimal, Udit Bhatia, and Amar Deep Tiwari. "Bias-corrected climate projections for South Asia from coupled model intercomparison project-6." Scientific data 7, no. 1 (2020): 1-13.
Zipper, Samuel C., Kaitlin Stack Whitney, Jillian M. Deines, Kevin M. Befus, Udit Bhatia, Sam J. Albers, Janice Beecher et al. "Balancing open science and data privacy in the water sciences." Water Resources Research 55, no. 7 (2019): 5202-5211.
Bhatia, Udit, and Auroop Ratan Ganguly. "Precipitation extremes and depth-duration-frequency under internal climate variability." Scientific reports 9, no. 1 (2019): 1-9.
Ganguly, Auroop, Udit Bhatia, & Stephen Flynn. "Critical Infrastructures Resilience: Policy and Engineering Principles". Routledge (2019).
Bhatia, Udit, Devashish Kumar, Evan Kodra, and Auroop R. Ganguly. "Network science-based quantification of resilience demonstrated on the Indian Railways Network." PloS one 10, no. 11 (2015): e0141890.
- College of Engineering Outstanding Graduate Research Award 2019, Northeastern University, Boston
- Best youth paper award candidate, International Conference on Sustainable Infrastructures,Shenzhen, China organized by U.S. National Academy of Engineers and Chinese Academy of Engineering
- Dean Fellowship, Northeastern University, Boston (2014-2015)
- Director Medal, National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (2012)
- Best graduating student award, National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (2012)
Bhatia, Udit, et al. (2019) "System for Networking and Analyzing Geospatial Data, Human Infrastructure, and Natural Elements." U.S. Patent Application No. 15/134,518. (Status: Granted).