Udit BhatiaAssistant Professor, Civil Engineering
- BTech: National Institute of Technology Hamirpur, 2012
- MS: Northeastern University, 2016
- PhD: Northeastern University, 2018
Email: bhatia.u -AT- iitgn.ac.in
Upadhyay, Divya, Pranab Mohapatra, and Udit Bhatia* "Depth Duration Frequency of Extreme Precipitation Events Under Internal Climate Variability: Indian Summer Monsoon." Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres 126, no. 8 (2021): e2020JD034193.
Dave, Raviraj, Srikrishnan Siva Subramanian, and Udit Bhatia* "Extreme precipitation induced concurrent events trigger prolonged disruptions in regional road networks." Environmental Research Letters (2021)
Harilal, Nidhin, Mayank Singh, and Udit Bhatia* "Augmented convolutional LSTMs for the generation of high-resolution climate change projections." IEEE Access 9 (2021): 25208-25218.
Patil, Rohan, Raviraj Dave, Harsh Patel, Viraj M. Shah, Deep Chakrabarti, and Udit Bhatia* "Assessing the interplay between travel patterns and SARS-CoV-2 outbreak in a realistic urban setting." Applied Network Science 6, no. 1 (2021): 1-19
Tripathy, Shrabani S., Udit Bhatia, Mohit P. Mohanty, Subhankar Karmakar, and Subimal Ghosh. "Flood evacuation during pandemic: a multi-objective framework to handle compound hazard." Environmental Research Letters (2021).
Zipper, Samuel C., Kaitlin Stack Whitney, Jillian M. Deines, Kevin M. Befus, Udit Bhatia, Sam J. Albers, Janice Beecher et al. "Balancing open science and data privacy in the water sciences." Water Resources Research 55, no. 7 (2019): 5202-5211.
Ganguly, Auroop, Udit Bhatia, & Stephen Flynn. "Critical Infrastructures Resilience: Policy and Engineering Principles". Routledge (2019).
Bhatia, Udit, Devashish Kumar, Evan Kodra, and Auroop R. Ganguly. "Network science-based quantification of resilience demonstrated on the Indian Railways Network." PloS one 10, no. 11 (2015): e0141890.
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (2019 to present)
- Graduate Research Assistant, Northeastern University (2014 to 2018)
- Design Engineer(A), MECON Limited, Ranchi (2012 to 2014)
- College of Engineering Outstanding Graduate Research Award 2019, Northeastern University, Boston
- Best youth paper award candidate, International Conference on Sustainable Infrastructures,Shenzhen, China organized by U.S. National Academy of Engineers and Chinese Academy of Engineering
- Dean Fellowship, Northeastern University, Boston (2014-2015)
- Director Medal, National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (2012)
- Best graduating student award, National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (2012)
Bhatia, Udit, et al. (2019) "System for Networking and Analyzing Geospatial Data, Human Infrastructure, and Natural Elements." U.S. Patent Application No. 15/134,518. (Status: Granted).