Ajanta SachanAssociate Professor, Civil Engineering
- BE: IIT Roorkee, India,1997
- PhD: University of Tennessee at Knoxville, USA, 2005
Email: ajanta -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (Jan 2018 to present)
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (Dec 2010 to Jan 2018)
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati (July 2009 to Dec 2010)
- Senior Scientist, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (2006 to 2009)
- Engineer, WAPCOS India Ltd, New Delhi (1997 to 1999)
Kantesaria, N. and Sachan, A. (2020) Small strain shear modulus and yielding characteristics of compacted high plasticity clay, Géotechnique, DOI: http://doi.org/10.1680/jgeot.20.P.089, Online available 27 November 2020.
Pandya, S. and Sachan, A. (2020) Variation of collapse potential and stiffness degradation with matric suction of compacted unsaturated cohesive soil, International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, Taylor & Francis, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 35-48.
Thakur A., Pandya S. and Sachan A. (2020) Dynamic behavior and characteristic failure response of low plasticity cohesive soil, International Journal of Civil Engineering, Springer, Online available, 27Aug 2020.
Hussain, M. and Sachan, A. (2019) Dynamic characteristics of natural Kutch sandy soils, Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, Elsevier, Online available, 06 June 2019.
Seethalakshmi, P. and Sachan, A. (2019) Dynamic behavior of micaceous sand with varying mica content and its association with compactability, compressibility and monotonic shear response, International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, Taylor & Francis, online available, 20 March 2019.
Hussain, M. and Sachan, A. (2019) Static liquefaction and effective stress path response of Kutch soils, Soils and Foundations, Elsevier, Online available, 23Dec 2019.
Sachan, A., Seethalakshmi, P. and Mishra, M.C. (2019) Effect of crushing on stress-strain & pore pressure behaviour of micaceous Kutch soil under monotonic compression & repeated loading-unloading conditions, Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, Springer, Vol. 37, No. 6, pp. 5269-5283.