Chandrakumar AppayeeAssistant Professor, Chemistry
- BSc: University of Madras, 1997
- MSc: Alagappa University, 2002
- PhD: Indian Institute of Science, 2008
Email: a.chandra -AT- iitgn.ac.in
Website : https://appayee.people.iitgn.ac.in/
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (Dec 2013 to present)
- Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Columbia University, New York, (Jun 2012 - Dec 2013)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Brooklyn College and the City University of New York, (July 2009 - Jun 2012)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, University of Miami, Florida, (July 2008 - Jun 2009)
Sarkale, A. M.; Maurya, V.; Giri, S.; Appayee, C.* “Stereodivergent Synthesis of Chiral Paraconic Acids via Dynamic Kinetic Resolution of 3-Acylsuccinimides” Org. Lett. 2019, Article ASAP.
Kutwal, M. S.; Dev, S; Appayee, C.* “Catalytic Regioselective γ-Methylenation of α,β-Unsaturated Aldehydes Using Formaldehyde via Vinylogous Aldol Condensation” Org. Lett. 2019, 21, 2509-2513. (Among the most downloaded articles in April 2019).
Padmaja, V. M. D.; Jangra, S.; Appayee, C.* “Highly Regioselective α-Alkylation of α,β,γ,δ-Unsaturated Aldehydes” Org. Biomol. Chem. 2019, 17, 1714–1717. (Invited Article for a themed collection “New Talent”).
Maurya, V.; Appayee, C.* “Catalytic Asymmetric Synthesis of 3,4-Disubstituted Cyclohexadiene Carbaldehydes: Formal Total Synthesis of Cyclobakuchiols A and C” Org. Lett. 2018, 20, 4111-4115. (Highlighted in Synfacts 2018, 14, 0978).
Sarkale, A. M.; Kumar, A.; Appayee, C.* “Organocatalytic Approach for Short Asymmetric Synthesis of (R)-Paraconyl Alcohol: Application to the Total Syntheses of IM-2, SCB2, and A-Factor γ-Butyrolactone Autoregulators” J. Org. Chem. 2018, 83, 4167-4172.
Kutwal, M. S.; Appayee, C.* “Highly Regio- and Enantioselective γ-Alkylation of Linear α,β-Unsaturated Aldehydes” Eu. J. Org. Chem. 2017, 4230-4234. (featured in the virtual issue “Emerging Investigators from India”).
- Sarkale, A. M.; Appayee, C. “Method for the asymmetric synthesis of (S)-paraconic acid”. Indian Patent, Application No. 201721019540, June 3, 2017