Umashankar SinghAssistant Professor, Biological Engineering
- BE: Acharya Narendra Dev College, Delhi University, 1997
- MS: Hamdard University, New Delhi, 1999
- PhD: Uppsala University, Sweden, 2006 (continued from Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Berlin, Germany)
Email: usingh -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (May 2015 to present)
- Researcher IGP, Uppsala University (Oct 2011 - May 2015)
- Postdoctoral Fellow IGP, Uppsala University (Nov 2006 - Oct 2011)
- Short Term Postdoctoral Work, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore (Jun 2006 - Nov 2006)
- Ph.D. Studentship ZUB, Uppsala University, Uppsala (Jan 2003 - May 2006)
- Ph.D. Studentship, Max Planck Institute for Molecular Genetics, Berlin (Sep 2002 - Dep 2002)
- JRF, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR), New Delhi (Sep 2000 - Sep 2002)
- JRF, CFTRI (CSIR), Mysore (Jan 2000 - May 2000)
Patel D, Patel M, Datta S, Singh U*. CGGBP1 regulates CTCF occupancy at repeats. Epigenetics Chromatin. 2019 Sep 23;12(1):57.
Patel D, Patel M, Westermark B, Singh U*. Dynamic bimodal changes in CpG and non-CpG methylation genome-wide upon CGGBP1 loss-of-function. BMC Res Notes. 2018 Jul 2;11(1):419.
Datta S, Patel M, Patel D, Singh U*. Distinct DNA Sequence Preference for Histone Occupancy in Primary and Transformed Cells. Cancer Inform. 2019 Apr 19;18:1176935119843835.
Singh U*, Westermark B. CGGBP1--an indispensable protein with ubiquitous cytoprotective functions. Ups J Med Sci. 2015;120(4):219-32.
Agarwal P, Enroth S, Teichmann M, Jernberg Wiklund H, Smit A, Westermark B, Singh U*. Growth signals employ CGGBP1 to suppress transcription of Alu-SINEs. Cell Cycle. 2016 Jun 17;15(12):1558-71.
Agarwal P, Collier P, Fritz MH, Benes V, Wiklund HJ, Westermark B, Singh U*. CGGBP1 mitigates cytosine methylation at repetitive DNA sequences. BMC Genomics. 2015 May 16;16(1):390.
SCHOLAR PROFILE LINKS: