Deepak SinghaniaAssistant Professor, Humanities and Social Sciences
- BA: Gujarat University, 2004
- MA: Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, 2006
- MPhil: Jawaharlal Nehru University, 2012
- PhD: University of California, Riverside, 2017
Email: dbsinghania -AT- iitgn.ac.in
Avula et al. 2022. "Disruptions, restorations and adaptations to health and nutrition service delivery in multiple states across India over the course of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020: An observational study", PLoS One2022, 17(7)
Singhania, Deepak. 2022. Do Smaller Local Governments Bring Citizens More? Evidence from Direct Elections in Indonesia, The World Bank Economic Review, Volume 36, Issue 3, August 2022, Pages 774–799, https://doi.org/10.1093/wber/lhac010
Singhania, Deepak. 2022. Women as teammates: Gender balance in village councils in India (October 27, 2022). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=4261291
Bhusal et al. 2020. Does Revolution Work? Evidence from Nepal's People's War. CEGA Working Paper Series No. WPS-116. Center for Effective Global Action. University of California, Berkeley 2020
Helfand, Steven M., Vilma H. Sielawa, and Deepak Singhania. 2019. "A matter of time: An impact evaluation of the Brazilian National Land Credit Program." Journal of Development Economics, 141 (2019): 102361.
Agarwal, Neha, Anaka Aiyar, Arpita Bhattacharjee, Joseph Cummins, Christian Gunadi, Deepak Singhania, Matthew Taylor, and Evan Wigton-Jones. 2017. "Month of birth and child height in 40 countries." Economics Letters, 157 (2017): 10-13.
Mishra, Udaya S., and Deepak Singhania. 2014. "Contrasting the levels of poverty against the burden of poverty: an Indian case." International Economics Letters, no. 2 (2014): 26-35.
Singhania, Deepak. 2012. Sharing the Responsibility of the Elderly: A Case of India, The International Journal of Aging and Society, 1(2), 2012.
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (Jul 2021 to Present)
- Senior Fellow, Evidence for Policy Design India at Krea University (Apr 2019 to May 2021)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Evidence for Policy Design India at Krea (Sep 2017 - Mar 2019)
- Associate Instructor, University of California, Riverside (Jul 2017 - Aug 2017)
- Research Assistant, University of California, Riverside (Jul 2016 - Sep 2016)
- Associate Instructor, University of California, Riverside (Oct 2015 - Dec 2015)
- Associate Instructor, University of California, Riverside (Jul 2015 - Aug 2015)
- Associate Instructor, University of California, Riverside (Jul 2014 - Aug 2014)
- Associate Instructor, University of California, Riverside (Jul 2013 - May 2017)
- Teaching Assistant, University of California, Riverside (Jul 2013 - May 2013)
- Research Assistant, Gokhale Institute of Politics & Economics (Aug 2009 - Jun 2010)
- Client Success Facilitator, The Alchemists Ark Pvt. Ltd. (Jun 2006 - Jun 2009)