Arka ChattopadhyayAssistant Professor, Humanities and Social Sciences
- BA: Presidency College, 2007
- MA: Jadavpur University, 2009
- MPhil: Jadavpur University, 2011
- PhD: Western Sydney University, 2016
Email: arka.chattopadhyay -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar, (Nov 2017 to present)
- Undergraduate Tutor, Western Sydney University, Sydney, (2015 - 2016)
- Guest Faculty, Lady Brabourne College, Kolkata, (2012 - 2 months)
- Guest Faculty, Vidyasagar College, Kolkata, (2010 - 2012)
- Guest Faculty, Presidency University, Kolkata, (2009 - 2011)
- “Mathematical possibilities in modernism: can literature be a system?”, Journal of Humanistic Mathematics, DOI: 10.5642/jhummath.202001.13, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 295-316, Jan. 2020.
- “Is there a parallax in the mind? Samuel Beckett and distance in the psychic archive”, Textual Practice, DOI: 10.1080/0950236X.2020.1729850, Feb. 2020.
- Bhattacharya, Sourit; Chattopadhyay, Arka and Sengupta, Samrat, Nabarun Bhattacharya: aesthetics and politics in a world after ethics, London: Bloomsbury, Sep. 2020, ISBN: 9789388630504.
- “Memory, Image and Reading Traces of the Infinite: Gerald Murnane’s A History of Books” in Gerald Murnane: Another World in This One, ed. Anthony Uhlmann, Sydney: Sydney University Press, 2020.
- “Unworlding world literature: or how Godot travels from a country road to the world”, in Samuel Beckett as World Literature, eds. Thirthankar Chakraborty, Juan Luis Toribio Vazquez, New York: Bloomsbury, Jul. 2020, ISBN: 9781501358814.
- “Machine, bio-politics and death in Nabarun Bhattacharya's fiction”, in Nabarun Bhattacharya: aesthetics and politics in a world after ethics, London: Bloomsbury, Sep. 2020, 9789388630504.
- "Beckett, Contradiction and a Textual Politics of Change" in Beckett and Politics, eds. William Davies and Helen Bailey. London and New York: Palgrave, 2020. 9783030471101
- “Harold Pinter's aging male speakers: affect of exhaustion and metaphors of agency”, The Harold Pinter Review, DOI: 10.5325/haropintrevi.3.1.0001, vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 1-13, Jun. 2019.
- “I am Jack the ripper, a golden eagle: ethical alterity and dangers of narrative travel in world literature”, Interventions, DOI: 10.1080/1369801X.2018.1547207, vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 35-53, Jan. 2019.
- “Ontology of sound in Harold Pinter’s radio drama”, Sound Studies, DOI: 10.1080/20551940.2019.1652021, pp. 1-14, Sep. 2019.
- “How to mourn the present: fiction, memory, and mourning in Paul Auster’s man in the dark and John Banville’s ancient light”, in Knots: Post-Lacanian Psychoanalysis, Literature and Film, ed. Jean-Michel Rabate, DOI: 10.4324/9781003002727, London and New York: Routledge, Nov. 2019, ISBN: 9781003002727.
- Beckett, Lacan and the Mathematical Writing of the Real, London and New York: Bloomsbury, 2019.