Ravi BanavarGuest Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- BTech: IIT Madras, 1986
- MS: Clemson University, Clemson, 1988
- PhD: University of Texas, Austin, 1992
Email: ravi.banavar -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Faculty, currently Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (Jan 1993 to present)
- Visiting Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (Dec 2016 to Apr 2017)
- Pratt and Whitney Visiting Chair Professor, Indian Institute of Science (July 2015 to Dec 2015)
- Visiting Faculty Member, Laboratory for Signals and Systems (LSS), France (May 2005 to Jun 2005)
- Visiting Faculty Member, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (May 2004)
- Visiting Faculty Member, University of California, Los Angeles (Jun 1999 to Jun 2000)
- Lecturer, University of California, Los Angeles (Dec 1991 - July 1992)
- Sneha Gajbhiye and R. N. Banavar Geometric Modeling and Local Controllability of a Spherical Robot Actuated by a Pendulum, DOI:10.1002/RNC, International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control (2015).
- K. S. Phogat, D. Chatterjee and R. N. Banavar Multiple Shooting Technique for Optimal Attitude Control of a Spacecraft with Momentum and Actuator Constraints, submitted to the International Journal of Robust and Nonlinear Control.
- S. R. Sahoo and R. N. Banavar Attitude synchronization of satellites with internal actuation, European Journal of Control (20), 2014 152-161. (Elsevier).
- R. Bayadi and R. N. Banavar Almost global attitude stabilization of a rigid body for both internal and external actuation schemes, European Journal of Control (20), 2014 45-54. (Elsevier).
- R. Bayadi, R. N. Banavar and D. E. Chang Characterizing the Reachable Sets of a Spacecraft with Two Rotors, Systems and Control Letters (62) 2013, 453-460.