Shanmuganathan RamanJibaben Patel Chair Associate Professor, Electrical Engineering
(Jointly with Computer Science & Engineering)
- BE: PSG College of Technology, Bharathiar University, 2003
- MTech: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, 2006
- PhD: Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, 2011
Email: shanmuga -AT- iitgn.ac.in
Website : https://people.iitgn.ac.in/~shanmuga/
- Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (Apr 2018 to present)
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (May 2013 - Apr 2018)
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Jodhpur (July 2012 - May 2013)
- Research Associate, Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore (Aug 2011 - Jun 2012)
- Microsoft Research India PhD Fellow, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (2007 - 2011)
- System and Network Administration for Vision and Image Processing Lab, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (2006 - 2011)
- Teaching Assistant, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (2004 - 2010)
- Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee, TCS, Chennai (Jun 2003 - July 2004)
Sudhakar Kumawat, Manisha Verma, Yuta Nakashima, and Shanmuganathan Raman, “Depthwise Spatio-Temporal STFT Convolutional Neural Networks for Human Action Recognition”, In IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI), 2021.
Indra Deep Mastan and Shanmuganathan Raman, “DeepCFL: Deep Contextual Features Learning from a Single Image”, in the IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), Virtual, Jan. 5-9, 2021.
Rajendra Nagar and Shanmuganathan Raman, “3DSymm: Robust and Accurate 3D Reflection Symmetry Detection”, In Pattern Recognition, Vol 107, Nov. 2020.
Sudhakar Kumawat and Shanmuganathan Raman, “LP-3DCNN: Unveiling Local Phase in 3D Convolutional Neural Networks”, in the IEEE/CVF Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), Long Beach, CA, USA, June 16-20, 2019.
Rajendra Nagar and Shanmuganathan Raman, “Detecting Approximate Reflection Symmetry in a Point Set using Optimization on Manifold”, in IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 2019, 67(6), 1582-1595.
Rajendra Nagar and Shanmuganathan Raman, “Fast and Accurate Intrinsic Symmetry Detection”, in European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV), Munich, Germany, Sep. 8-14, 2018.
Gagan Kanojia and Shanmuganathan Raman, “Simultaneous Detection and Removal of Dynamic Objects in Multi-view Images”, in the IEEE Winter Conference on Applications of Computer Vision (WACV), Aspen, CO, USA, Mar. 2-5, 2020.