Vimal MishraProfessor, Earth Science
- BTech: C. S. A. University, Kanpur, India, 2003
- MTech: IIT Kharagpur, India, 2005
- PhD: Purdue University, West Lafayette, USA, 2010
Email: vmishra -AT- iitgn.ac.in
Mishra, V., A., Ganguly, B. Nijssen, and D. P. Lettenmaier (2015). Changes in observed climatic extremes in Global Urban Areas. (Environmental Research letters).
Ali H., V., Mishra, and D., Pai, (2014) .Observed and Projected Urban Extreme Precipitation Events in India (Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmosphere).
Kumar D., V., Mishra, and A., Ganguly, (2014). Evaluating wind extremes in CMIP5 climate models (Climate Dynamics).
Shah, R., and V., Mishra, (2014). Development of an Experimental Near-Real Time Drought Monitor for India (Journal of Hydrometeorology, AMS), http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/abs/10.1175/JHM-D-14-0041.1.
Mishra, V., Shah, R., and B., Thrasher, (2014) Soil Moisture Droughts under the Retrospective and Projected Climate in India (Journal of Hydrometeorology).
- Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar, (Jan 2022 to present)
- Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar, (Jan 2018 - Jan 2022)
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar, (May 2012 - Jan 2018)
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Northeastern University, Boston, USA (May 2013 - Jun 2013)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Washington, Seattle, WA (May 2010 - May 2012)
- Graduate Research Fellow, Purdue University, West Lafayette, USA (Aug 2006 - May 2010)