Vikrant JainProfessor, Earth Sciences
- BSc: Kumaun University, 1992
- MTech: IIT Roorkee, 1995
- PhD: IIT Kanpur, 2001
Email: vjain -AT- iitgn.ac.in
VOIP: 2455 / 2021
- Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (Feb 2019 to present)
- Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (Jun 2013 to Jan 2019)
- Associate Professor, Department of Geology, Centre of Advanced Studies, Delhi University (Nov 2010 - May 2013)
- Reader, Department of Geology, Centre of Advanced Studies, Delhi University (Nov 2010 - Nov 2010)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Texas San Antonio, Texas, USA, (Feb 2007 - Nov 2007)
- MURF Postdoctoral Fellow, Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia, (Jun 2004 - Jan 2007)
- CSIR Research Associate, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Kanpur, India (Aug 2002 - May 2004)
- Sr. Project Scientist/Project Scientist, Department of Civil Engineering, IIT Kanpur, India (Aug 2000 - Jun 2002)
- Jain, V., Sonam, Singh, A., Sinha, R., Tandon, S.K. (2019) Evolution of modern river systems: an assessment of 'landscape memory' in Indian river systems. Episodes, In Press.
- Agarwal, N., Haridas, A., Khanna, N., Srivastava, P. and Jain, V. (2019) Study of Morphology and Degradation of Craters on the Far-side of the Moon using Chandrayaan'1 Data. Planetary and Space Science, 167, 42-53.
- Jain. V., Beyene, M., Varay, L.S., Wasson, R.J., Jain, S (2019) Riverine Flood Hazard (Part A): types, processes and causative factors. Proceedings of the Indian National Science Academy (PINSA). DOI: 10.16943/ptinsa/2018/49471.
- Wasson, R.J., Jain, V., Katuri, A., Lahiri, S., Prakash, S., Singhvi, A.K., Varma, N., Bansal, P., Joon, C.C. (2018) Riverine Flood Hazard (Part B): Disaster Risk Reduction in India. Proceedings of the Indian National Science Academy (PINSA). DOI: 10.16943/ptinsa/2018/49502.
- Mishra, K., Sinha, R., Jain, V., Nepal, S., Uddin, K. (2018) Towards the assessment of sediment connectivity in a large Himalayan river basin. Science of the Total Environment, 661, 251-265.