Sharmistha MajumdarAssistant Professor , Biological Engineering
- BSc: Presidency College, Univ. of Calcutta, 1997
- MSc: Madurai Kamaraj University, 1999
- PhD: Cornell University, 2006
Email: sharmistham -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (Jan 2014 to present)
- Post Doctoral Researcher, University of California, Berkeley (Dec 2007 - Dec 2013)
Majumdar S., Singh A. and Rio D.C. The human THAP9 gene encodes an active P element DNA transposase. Science . 2013 Jan 25;339(6118):446-8.
Majumdar S. and Rio D.C. Specificity of DNA-Protein Recognition by THAP9 Family DNA Binding Domains. Submitted.
Majumdar S., Libeu S. and Rio D.C.Molecular evolution of novel hyperactive P-element transposase mutants. Submitted.
Majumdar S., Ramachandran S., Cerione R.A. New insights into the role of conserved, essential residues in the GTP -binding/GTP hydrolytic reaction of large G proteins. J. Biol. Chem. 2006 Apr 7; 281(14): 9219-9226. Epub 2006 Feb 9.
Majumdar S., Ramachandran S., Cerione R.A. Perturbing the linker regions of the alpha- subunit of transducin: a new class of constitutively active GTP- binding proteins. J. Biol. Chem. 2004 Sep 17; 279(38): 40137 -40145. Epub 2004 Jul 22.