Bhaskar DattaAssociate Professor, Biological Engineering
(Jointly with Chemistry)
- BSc(Hons): St. Stephen's College, University of Delhi, 1997
- MSc: Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, 1999
- PhD: Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, 2004
Email: bdatta -AT- iitgn.ac.in
Chilka, P.; Desai, N. and Datta, B. (2019) Small molecule fluorescent probes for G-quadruplex visualization as potential cancer theranostic agents. Molecules, 24, 752.
Reddy, P. R.; Desai, N.; Gupta, S. and Datta, B. (2019) Interaction of a dimeric carbocyanine dye aggregate with bovine serum albumin in non-aggregated and aggregated forms. Spectrochimica Acta Part A: Molecular and Biomolecular Spectroscopy, 209, 256 - 263.
Reddy, P. R.; Das Mahapatra, A.; Mallajosyula, S. S. and Datta, B. (2018) Template-free H-dimer and H-aggregate formation by dimeric carbocyanine dyes. New J. Chem., 42, 6727 - 6734.
Idrees, D.; Hadianawala, M.; Das Mahapatra, A.; Datta, B.; Roy, S.; Ahamad, S.; Khan, P.; Hassan, Md. I. (2018) Implication of sulfonylurea derivatives as prospective inhibitors of human carbonic anhydrase II. Int. J. Biol. Macromol., 115, 961 - 969.
Hadianawala, M.; Das Mahapatra, A.; Yadav, J. K. and Datta, B. (2018) Molecular docking, molecular modeling, and molecular dynamics studies of azaisoflavone as dual COX-2 inhibitors and TP receptor antagonists, J. Mol. Modeling, 24 (69), 1-13.
Reddy, P.R.; Mallajosyula, S. S. and Datta, B. (2017) Template-free Self-Assembly of Dimeric Dicarbocyanine Dyes, ChemistrySelect, 2, 10709-10717.
- Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (Jan 2018 to present)
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (Dec 2011 to Jan 2018)
- Assistant Professor, Missouri State University, (Jun 2008 - Dec 2011)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Georgia Institute of Technology, School of Chemistry & Biochemistry, (Jun 2004 - May 2008)
- Graduate Research Assistant, Carnegie Mellon University, Department of Chemistry, (Sep 1999 - May 2004)
- Kumar, S.; Sharma, P. and Datta, B. (2016) Detection of Organophosphorus Herbicides, Application No. 201621013049, Indian Patent Office.
- Aptamer-based device for detection of cancer markers and methods of use (2012), Wanekaya, A; Delong, R. and Datta, B. U.S. Pat. 20120088232.