Ekta GuptaEarly Career Fellow, Archaeological Sciences Centre, Humanities and Social Sciences
- B.A., Geography, Kirorimal College, Delhi University, Delhi
- M.A., Geography, Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune
- M.Tech, NIIT University, Neemrana
- PhD, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bengaluru
Email: ekta.g -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Early Career Fellow, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar, (October 2021 to Present)
- Project Associate-II , National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bengaluru, (August 2020 to September 2021)
- Research Assistant , National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bengaluru, (July 2015 to July 2016)
- Junior Research fellow , Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru, (July 2014 to June 2015)
- Gupta Ekta and M B Rajani (2020). Historical maps of Indian Coast: Importance and challenges. Journal of Coastal Conservation. 24:24 https://doi.org/10.1007/s11852-020-00739-7
- Gupta, Ekta., Rajani, M.B. Geospatial Analysis of Historical Cartographic Data of Kollam Fort. J Indian Soc Remote Sens 48, 1567–1581 (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s12524-020-01181-w.
- Gupta, Ekta, Rajani MB and Menon S (2019). Remote Sensing investigation of the Buddhist archaeological landscape around Sannati, India. Jr. Archeological Sciences, Report. 25, pp. 294-307
- Gupta, Ekta, Das, S, Suganya, K, Kumar, V and Rajani, MB (2017). The need for a National Archaeological database. Current Science, 113 (10). pp. 1961-1973. ISSN 0011-3891
- Gupta, Ekta, Das, S. & Rajani, M. B. (2017). Archaeological Exploration in Srirangapatna and Its Environ Through Remote Sensing Analysis. J. Indian Soc. Remote Sens. doi:10.1007/s12524-017-0659-9. pp 1057–1063.
- Bagchi, S., Gupta, E., K. Murthy, & N.J. Singh (2017). Assessing the evidence for climate driven phenology change in high altitude wetlands of Ladakh. Pp. 189-204, in Prins, H.H.T. & T. Namgail (eds), Bird migration across the Himalayas: wetland functioning amidst mountains and glaciers. Cambridge University Press.
- Das, Sonia, Gupta, Ekta, and Rajani M B. (2017). “Archaeological remains in and around Avati hill”. Indian Journal of Archaeology 2(3). http://www.ijarch.org/Abstract.aspx?articleno=153.
- Gupta, Ekta and RN Sankhua, (2014). ‘Assessment of Physical Status and Irrigation Potential of Canals using Arcpy’. Proceedings of Esri India Users conference on Geo-enabled digital India, Delhi.
- Awarded ‘Early Career Fellowship’ for one year (2021-2022) in IIT Gandhinagar.
- Awarded ‘Nehru Trust UK Visiting Fellowship’ for three months to conduct archival work in various libraries and archives in the UK in 2018
- Awarded NIAS PhD Fellowship for four years from August 2016 to July 2020
- Awarded ‘Best Student Paper’ at 15th Esri India User Conference: 9-11 December 2014, Delhi.
- Granted full fellowship for M.Tech programme from ERSI Inc, California, USA, world’s leading organization in development of GIS software and ESRI India, 2012-2014.