Sutapa RoyAssistant Professor, Physics
- B.Sc (Physics Hons): St. Xavier’s College Kolkata, 2006
- M.Sc (Physics): Indian Institute of Technology Madras, 2008
- Ph.D: Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Bangalore, 2013
Email: roy -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Assistant Professor: Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar, India, (2020 - present)
- Postdoctoral Fellow and Research Scientist: Max-Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems, Stuttgart, Germany (2014-2020)
- Visiting Scientist: Freie University Berlin, Germany (Dec 2018-Feb 2019)
S. Roy, ‘Coalescence preference and droplet size inequality during fluid phase segregation’, Europhysics Letters, 121, 34001 (2018).
S. Roy, S. Dietrich and A. Maciolek, ‘Solvent Coarsening around Colloids’, Physical Review E, 97, 042603 (2018).
S. Roy, S. Dietrich and F. Höfling, ‘Structure and dynamics of binary liquid mixtures near their continuous demixing transitions’, Journal of Chemical Physics, 145, 134505 (2016).
J.R. Gomez-Solano, S. Roy, T. Araki, S. Dietrich, and A. Maciolek, ‘Transient coarsening and the motility of optically heated Janus colloids in a binary liquid mixture’, Soft Matter 16, 8359-8371 (2020). (Research Highlight)
S. Roy and S.K. Das, ‘Nucleation and Growth of Droplets in Vapor-Liquid Transition’, Rapid Comm. in Physical Review E, 85, 050602(R) (2012).
S. Roy and S.K. Das, ‘Transport Phenomena in Fluids: Finite-size scaling for critical behavior’, Europhysics Letters, 94, 36001 (2011).
- Best Poster prize at the conference “Wetting and Capillarity”, Germany (2019).
- Max-Planck Institute research fellowship, Germany (2014).
- IIT-Madras Merit Scholarship in all semesters of M.Sc, IIT-Madras, India (2006-2008).
- Shivaji Dutta Gupta Silver Medal for securing highest marks in English in the State of West Bengal in Higher Secondary Examination, from West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education, India (2003).
- Recognition for securing 1st position in the district among the girls in the Higher Secondary Examination, from West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education, India (2003).
- Governor’s Proficiency Certificate for ranking 1st among the girls in the district in Secondary School Final Examination, from the Governor of West Bengal, India (2001).
- National Scholarship for securing 18th position in the State of West Bengal in Secondary School Final Examination, from West Bengal Board of Secondary Education, India (2001).