Jyoti MukhopadhyayVisiting Professor, Materials Engineering
- BE: Calcutta University, 1975
- ME: Roorkee University, 1977
- PhD: IIT Bombay, 1982
Email: jm -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- EXTRACTION OF AVALUE ADDED PRODUCTS FROM ALUMINIUM DROSS MATERIAL To ACHIEVE ZERO WASTE: J. Mukhopadhyay, Y.V. Ramana and Upendra Singh, Presented at 2005 TMS Annual Meeting and Exhibition during February 13-17, 2005 at San Francisco, USA.
- EFFECTIVE UTILIZATION OF INDUSTRIAL WASTES INTO VALUE ADDED PRODUCT WITH RESPECT TO THE SUSTAINABILITY OF ALUMINIUM INDUSTRY: J. Mukhopadhyay, B.K. Satpathy, M.J. Chaddha, M.T. Nimje, M. Najar and U. Singh, presented in the Plenary Session of 6th International Conference & Exhibition on Aluminium, INCAL-2011 organised by Aluminium Association of India during December 6-8, 2011 at Hyderabad.
- NEUTRALIZATION AND UTILIZATION OF RED MUD FOR ITS BETTER WASTE MANAGEMENT: Suchita Rai, K.L. Wasewar, and J. Mukhopadhyay, Archives of Environmental Science (2012) 6, 13-33.
- HIGH PURITY ALUMINA AND ITS APPLICATION IN HI-TECH AREAS: J. Mukhopadhyay, M. Chaddha, Suchita Rai and K. V. Ramana Rao, presented in International Conference on “High-Tech Alumina and Unfolding their Business Prospects (ALUMINAS 2008) organized by Indian Ceramic Society at CGCRI, Kolkata, Feb. 28 – March 1, 2008.
- REFRACTORIES FOR ALUMINUM INDUSTRY: J. Mukhopadhyay, Lead lecture presented at 8th India International Refractory, Congress 2010 held in Kolkata on February 4 – 6, 2010.
- Visiting Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (Nov 2012 - present)
- Director, Jawaharlal Nehru Aluminium Research Development and Design Centre (Ministry of Mines, Government of India), Nagpur (2004 - present)
- Director (Additional Charge), National Institute of Miners Health (Ministry of Mines, Government of India), Nagpur (2007 - 2009)
- General Manager (R&D), HINDALCO Industries Limited,Renukoot, Uttar Pradesh (2002 - 2004)
- General Manager (R&D), India Foils Limited (Williamson / Magor Group), Calcutta (1996 - 2001)
- Asst. General Manager (R&D), Central Metal Forming Institute (CMFI) HMT Limited, Hyderabad (1991 - 1996)
- Post-Doctoral Research Engineer, Division of Materials Science, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of California, Davis, USA (1987 - 1990)
- Visiting Scientist, Joint Research Centre, Commission of the European Communities, ISPRA, Italy (1986 - 1987)
- Lecturer, IIT Madras (1982 - 1986)
- Award (National)
- “Metallurgist of the Year - 2001” by Ministry of Steel, Government of India
- “Hindustan Zinc Gold Medal - 2005” by Indian Institute of Metals
- Award (International)
- “2005 Light Metals Recycling Technology Award” by TMS, USA. The Award was presented by TMS on Mar 15, 2006 at San Antonio, Texas, USA
- “Certificate of Appreciation” by Policy and Implementation Committee in June 2011 in Honour of service and significant contribution to the Asia-Pacific Partnership on Clean Development and Climate