Sharmita LahiriAssistant Professor, Humanities
- BA (Hons. English): St. Xavier’s College Calcutta, 1995
- MA: University of Calcutta, 1997
- MA: University of Houston, 2002
- PhD: University of Houston, 2008
Email: sharmitalahiri -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar (July 2009 to present)
- Postdoctoral Fellow and Instructional Coordinator, Writing Center, University of Houston (July 2008 - July 2009)
- Teaching Fellow, Department of English, University of Houston (Jan 2002 - May 2008)
- "Katha O Kahini" Bengali translation of John Banville's "Fiction and Dream", the John Banville Project: The European Federation of Associations and Centres of Irish Studies. July 2018 http://www.johnbanville.eu/essay/translation/bengali (by invitation).
- “A Feminist Study of Milton’s Eve in Paradise Lost ” The Atlantic Review of Feminist Studies 3.1-2 (2016) 53-64.
- “Jane Eyre: A Unique Vision of Feminism” The Atlantic Literary Review 12.1 (2014) 15-26.
- “Can a Spirit of Our Own be Expressed in the Language of Our Colonizer.” Asiatic IIUM Journal of English Language and Literature 7.1 (2013) 39-55. (Paper cited in The Year’s Work in English Studies 2015, Vol. 94: Issue 1).
- “Where Do I Come From? Where Do I Belong? Identity and Alienation in Bharati Mukherjee's Desirable Daughters and Jhumpa Lahiri's The Namesake." South Asian Review 31.1 (2010), 118-140.
- Teaching Excellence Award, IIT Gandhinagar, 2011
- Modern Language Association Travel Grant, 2008
- C.W. Moores Dissertation Fellowship, University of Houston, 2006 - 2007
- Ella Margaret Hawes Scholarship, University of Houston Women's Association, 2006 - 2007