Frederick Lawrence Coolidge
Frederick Lawrence CoolidgeScholar-in-Residence, Humanities
- B.A.:University of Florida, 1969
- M.A.: University of Florida, 1970
- Ph.D.: University of Florida, 1974
Email: fcoolidge -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Scholar-in-Residence, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (Jan 2020 - Present)
- Full Professor of Psychology, University of Colorado Springs, 2019
- Psychology Department Chairman, 1986-1989
- Director/Co-Director of Clinical Training, 1979-1986
- Director, Center for Teaching Excellence, 1990-1998
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia, 1977-1979
- Assistant Professor of Psychology, Southwestern State University, Weatherford, Oklahoma, 1976-1977
- Clinical Forensic Psychologist, South Florida State Hospital, Hollywood, Florida, 1976
- APA-approved Clinical Psychology Internship, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 1975-1976
- Post Doctoral Fellowship in Clinical Neuropsychology, Neuropsychology Laboratory, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 1974-1975
- Instructor, part-time, Lake City Community College, Lake City, Florida, 1971-1975
- Graduate Training Assistantship, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, 1972-1974
- Graduate instructor for experimental design, research methodology, and statistics.
- Clinical Psychologist, part-time. Raiford State Prison, Raiford, Florida , 1973
- Assistant Laboratory Technician, University of Florida Sleep Laboratory, Gainesville, Florida, 1969-1970
- Coolidge, F. L., Marle, P. D., Rhoades, C. S., Monaghan, P. L., &Segal, D. L. (2013). Psychometric properties of a new measure to assess autism spectrum disorder in DSM-5. American Journal of Orthopsychiatry, 83, 126-130.
- Coolidge, F. L., Estey, A. J.,Segal, D. L.,& Marle, P. D. (2013).Are alexithymia and schizoid personality disorder synonymous diagnoses? Comprehensive Psychiatry, 54, 141-148.
- Coolidge, F. L. (2012).On the emergence of grammatical language as a means of bypassing the limitations of working memory capacity. Physics of Life Reviews, 9, 217-218.
- Coolidge, F. L., & Overmann, K. A. (2012). Numerosity, abstraction, and the evolution of symbolic thinking. Current Anthropology, 53, 204-225.
- Cahill, B. S, Coolidge, F. L., Segal, D. L., Klebe, K. J., Marle, P. D., & Overmann, K. A. (2012). Prevalence of ADHD and its subtypes in male and female adult prison inmates. Behavioral Sciences and the Law, 30, 154-166.
- Wynn, T., & Coolidge, F. L. (2012). The inner Neandertal. New Scientist, January 14, Issue 2847, 26-27. (editorial modifications by New Scientist)
- University of Colorado at Colorado Springs Faculty Award for Excellence in Research, 2006-2007.
- Fulbright Fellowship, Lectureship, India, October-December, 2005.
- Letters, Arts, and Sciences Annual Outstanding Research and Creative Works Award, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, 2004-2005.
- Fulbright Fellowship, Lectureship, India, August-December, 1992.
- Presidential Teaching Scholar, A life-time title awarded by the University of Colorado President for career teaching achievement, 1990.
- Fulbright Fellowship, Lectureship, National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences, Bangalore, India, July-November, 1987.
- Annual Teaching Excellence Award, College of Letters, Arts and Sciences, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, 1986-1987.
- Outstanding Teacher of the Year, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, 1983-1984. Bestowed by the University of Colorado Alumni and Friends Association, May, 1984.