Rosa Maria Perez
Rosa Maria PerezGuest Professor, Humanities & Social Sciences
- MA in Classical Studies: FL, University of Lisbon, Lisbon, 1976
- MA in Anthropology: ISCSP, Lisbon, 1980
- PhD in Anthropology: ISCTE, Lisbon, 1992
Email: rosa.perez -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Guest Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhinagar
- Associate Professor, Department of Anthropology, ISCTE, Lisbon (1983 to present)
- Brown University (regular visiting professor since 2000)
- European University Institute (Florence, Italy)
- University Eduardo Mondlane (Maputo, Mozambique)
- 2010: Counsellor of the Minister for Science and Technology, Portugal;
- 2010: Member of the Scientific Board, European Association for South Asian Studies (EASAS);
- 2009: Steering Committee, Instituto Universitário Europeu, Florença;
- 2008: Pool of Reviewers of Anthropology, European Science Foundation;
- 2006: Anthropology Expert Panel, European Reference Index for the Humanities (ERIH);
- 2006: Pool of Experts, European Network for Contemporary Research on India (ENCARI), European Commission;
- 1999-2002: Member of the Executive Board of the European Science Foundation – Asia Committee;
- Perez Rosa Maria, "The Tulsi and the Cross", Anthropology and the Colonial Encounter in Goa, Delhi, Chronicle, 2011.
- Perez Rosa Maria, "2044- Kings and untouchables: a study of the caste system in western India", New Delhi, DC Publishers.
- Perez Rosa Maria, CARVALHO and Clara eds, "Mirrors of the empire", Oeiras, Celta Editora, 2002.
- Perez Rosa Maria, et al., eds, Goan Stories, Lisbon: M.N.E., 1997.