R SharanScholar-in-Residence, Electrical Engineering
- BE: Bihar Institute of Technology, Sindri, 1961
- MASc: University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, 1964
- PhD: University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, 1968
Email: sharan -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Raghubir Sharan, Yashwant N. Mohapatra, and Jameson M. Wetmore. TechnicalEducation and Indian Society: The Role of Values; Chapter 23 in The Year Book of Nanotechnology in Society, Vol II, Springer Science+Business Media BV 2010 edited by S Cozzens and J Wetmore.
- Manju Dhariwal, Ramesh C Pradhan and Raghubir Sharan, Engaging the Students of Technology in an Ethical Discourse in the Information age: Views of Wiener and Gandhi ACM, SIGCAS Computers and Society, Volume 40, No. 2, June 2010.
- R Sharan, KR Sarma, B Mazhari, SSS Iyer  , Display Technologies (ICT and Visualization), in "Information Technology and Communication Resources for Sustainable Development" edited by Ashok Jhunjhunwala, in Encyclopedia of Life Support Systems (EOLSS), Developed under the Auspices of the UNESCO, Eolss Publishers, Oxford ,UK, [http://www.eolss.net].
- Sunil Kumar, M Dhariwal, A K Pujari and Raghubir Sharan; Information and Communication Technologies for Consolidating Democracy: A Case Study from India . ). in ETHICOMP ,September 2008, University of Pavia, Mantua, Italy, Ed T W Bynum et al , pp 496-502.
- R Sharan and E L Heassel, Impurity Piezo-absorption in InSb Proc Vol II,XXII-7, International Conference On the Physics of Semiconductors, Moscow, 1968.
- R Sharan and E L Heassel, Deformation Potential Constants of Acceptor Impurities in InSb, Journal of Physics and Chemistry of Solids, Vol 31 p 541, 1970.
- R Sharan, Spectroscopy of Metals and Semiconductors, Modern aspects of solid State Chemistry, Ed C N R Rao, Plenum Press, New York, 1970.
- Distinguished Professor, LNMIIT, Jaipur (2004 - present)
- Adviser to Samtel Centre of Display Technologies, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (July 2002 - Jun 2004)
- Dean Academic Affairs, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (1981 - 1984)
- Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (July 1977 - Jun 2002)
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (May 1969 )