Svetlana BrzevVisiting Professor, Civil
- BE: University of Belgrade, Serbia, 1984
- MASc: University of Belgrade, Serbia, 1989
- PhD: IIT Roorkee, 1994
Email: sbrzev -AT- iitgn.ac.in
- Adjunct Professor, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada (2017-present)
- Faculty, British Columbia Institute of Technology, Vancouver, Canada (2000-2016)
- Senior Engineer, Seismic Engineering, Sandwell Engineering Inc., Vancouver, Canada (1995 -1999)
- Seismic Consultant, The World Bank and the Government of Maharashtra, India (Apr 1994 - 1999)
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Department of Civil Engineering, University of Toronto, Canada (1994)
- Research Associate, Institute for Materials Testing (IMS), Belgrade, Yugoslavia, (1985 - 1993)
- Research Scholar, University of Roorkee, India (1989 - 1990)
Brzev,S. and Anderson, D.L. (2018). Seismic Design Guide for Masonry Buildings, Second Edition, Canadian Concrete Masonry Producers Association, Toronto, ON, Canada (www.ccmpa.ca).
Robazza,B.R., Brzev,S., Yang,T.Y., Elwood, K.J., Anderson, D.L., and McEwen,W. (2018). Seismic Behaviour of Slender Reinforced Masonry Shear Walls under In-Plane Loading: An Experimental Investigation, Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, 144(3): 04018008.
Brzev,S., Pandey, B., Maharjan, D.K., and Ventura, C. (2017). Seismic Vulnerability Assessment of Low-Rise Reinforced Concrete Buildings Affected by the 2015 Gorkha, Nepal Earthquake, Earthquake Spectra, Special Issue on the 2015 Gorkha, Nepal earthquake, 33 (S1): S275-S298.
Azimikor, N.,Brzev,S., Elwood, K., Anderson, D.L., and McEwen,W. (2017). Out-Of-Plane Instability of Reinforced Masonry Uniaxial Specimens Under Reversed Cyclic Axial Loading, Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol. 44: 367–376.
Brzev,S. and Pao, J. (2016). Reinforced Concrete Design: A Practical Approach, Third Edition, Pearson Custom Publishing, Boston, MA, USA.