Manish KumarAssociate Professor, Civil Engineering
- BTech: IIT Kanpur, 2008
- MTech: IIT Kanpur, 2010
- PhD: State University of New York at Buffalo, 2015
Email: mkumar -AT- iitgn.ac.in
Website : http://people.iitgn.ac.in/~mkumar
Saboo, A., and Kumar, M.* (2022). “Vibration analysis of a system of partially-filled interconnected cylindrical shells representing a fast reactor,” Journal of Fluids and Structures, Vol. 112, pp. 1-24.
Raj, S. V., Bhatia, U., and Kumar, M.* (2022). “Cyclone preparedness strategies for regional power transmission systems in data-scarce coastal regions of India,” International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, Vol. 75, pp. 1-18.
Oza, P. S., Kumar, M.*, and Mohapatra, P. K. (2021). “Aerodynamic forces on a high-voltage delta-configuration lattice transmission tower segment,” Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics, Vol. 216, pp. 1-17.
Kumar, M., Whittaker, A. S., and Constantinou, M. C. (2019). “Seismic isolation of nuclear power plants using sliding bearings,” Report NUREG/CR-7254, United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington D.C., USA.
Kumar, M., Whittaker, A. S., Kennedy, R. P., Johnson, J. J, and Kammerer, A. M. (2017). “Seismic probabilistic risk assessment for seismically isolated safety-related nuclear facilities,” Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 313, pp. 386-400.
- Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (Nov 2021 to present)
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (Jun 2015 - Nov 2021)
- ● Honorable Mention Paper Award at the 13th North American Masonry Conference (2019)
- ● Second prize in the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences’ poster competition at SUNY Buffalo (2013)
- ● Second prize in Civil, Structural and Environmental Engineering poster competition at SUNY Buffalo (2013)
- ● IH Shames Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award at SUNY Buffalo (2012)
- ● ASR Sai Memorial Gold Medal at IIT Kanpur (2011)
- ● Academic Excellence Award at IIT Kanpur (2008, 2010)
- ● Merit Certificate for securing within ten positions in state board exams (2002, 2004)
● Shekhar, S., and Kumar, M. (2019). “An apparatus and method for 3D printing of concrete structures,” Application Number 201921036413 (provisional), Indian Patent Office, Mumbai, application filed on September 10, 2019.
● Shekhar, S., Mathur, R., and Kumar, M. (2018). “A system for 3D printing of a concrete structure,” Application Number 201821026589, Indian Patent Office, Mumbai, application filed on July 17, 2018.