Amit AroraAssistant Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
- Dual Degree: Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, 2005
- PhD: The Pennsylvania State University, 2011
Email: amitarora -AT- iitgn.ac.in
Website : http://amit.people.iitgn.ac.in/
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (Oct 2011 - present)
- Visiting Scholar, University of North Texas, Denton, TX USA (Mar 2014 – Sep 2014)
- Graduate Research Assistant, The Pennsylvania State University, Department of Material Science and Engineering (Aug 2006 - Sep 2011)
- Associate System Engineer, IBM India Pvt. Ltd, Pune (Jun 2005 - Jun 2006)
- P. Sahlot, and A. Arora., "Numerical model for prediction of tool wear and worn-out pin profile during friction stir welding." Wear 408(2018): 96-107.
- P Sahlot, K Jha, GK Dey, A Arora. “Quantitative wear analysis of H13 steel tool during friction stir welding of Cu-0.8% Cr-0.1% Zr alloy.” Wear 378(2017): 82-89.
- P.N. Banjare, P. Sahlot, and A. Arora., "An assisted heating tool design for FSW of thermoplastics." Journal of Materials Processing Technology 239 (2017): 83-91.
- S. Palanivel, A. Arora, K.J. Doherty, R.S. Mishra. "A framework for shear driven dissolution of thermally stable particles during friction stir welding and processing." Materials Science and Engineering: A 678 (2016): 308-314.
- A. Arora, M. Mehta, A. De and T. DebRoy, 2012. Load Bearing Capacity of Tool Pin during Friction Stir Welding. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 61(9-12): 911-920.